THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018
“Who rules the world?!!!” The question, which was more of a rallying cry, rang out loud and proud across Peckham Levels, booming from the mic of Radio 1 Xtra DJ Melody Kane. It was rapidly answered by everyone in the audience – girls, women, men and boys: “Girls!!!!”. And for that day, it truly felt like something historical was going down in South London.
The theme of our event, is “thinking outside of the box”
The Festival is a coming-together to celebrate the individuality of each and every wonderful girl and woman, to showcase our success and to raise much needed funds to support our crucial work. The festival atmosphere will be cemented by live performances, music, interactive experiences and talks, all with a sprinkle of sparkle and is open to all.
Holding onto self-belief can be tough for girls today, with a lack of positive role models and negative influences leading to rising levels of self-harm, eating disorders, bullying, gang culture and limited horizons.
We BelEve that every girl and woman should be allowed to embrace their uniqueness and self-worth. Our aim is to create a pool of mentors and strong female leaders who unlock ambition, confidence and potential, allowing girls and women to be exactly who they want to be.
- "Amazing event, will definitely come again and bring a friend!" - Isabelle
- "A great variety! Incredible speakers especially Inspiring Vanessa - WOW! Would defo come again - Well done BelEve Team" - Emma
- "I really enjoyed the panel talks, it inspired me through the advice given" - Jaydeene
- "Very inspiring, uplifting and creative. An honour to witness!" - Cecilia
- "Was having such a bad day. This event has cheered me all the way up! Fabulous, my daughter was so engaged!" - Natalie Cassius
- "Great event that was well put together. Well done!" - Natalie Woo