Support Girls and Young Women Through Mentorship this Giving Tuesday Our goal is for all girls to access the same opportunities as others. While progress has been made over half of girls still feel constrained by stereotypes. Mentorship is one powerful way to...
Jobs at BelEve UK
The Programme Managers mission is to act as the professional lead for the programmes of the charity.
An exciting and multifaceted role in a fast- growing charity requires a passionate and purpose driven professional lead to ensure the provision of the highest quality and impactful programmes and partnership relationship management.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a number of programmes and initiatives which ensure we are a charity with a strong youth-led approach.
You will need to be a strong team player with a genuine passion for social mobility and dedication. You will have the ability to work independently with high levels of self-motivation alongside the skills to problem-solve and make decisions to deliver all aspects of a programme end to end, from design to reporting and evaluation.
The Programme Manager will multitask and need to manage time effectively and prioritise workloads. Interpersonal and communication skills are pivotal to build great relationships with and between many organisations to achieve a shared vision.
The duties listed below all
feed into a business development objective with the aim to reach more school/participants, attract new funders, build brand equity, grow portfolio of current offerings to reach both financial and impact goals detailed in the 5 year strategy and beyond.
This is a challenging but rewarding role with great opportunities to make a difference and develop personally and professionally.
This role will be based in London and may require attendance at training events and meetings in the evening.
Programme Design and Development
– Conduct initial research ie focus groups/ feasibilities studies to ascertain prospects of piloting new programmes.
– Contribute to strategic decisions concerning the design and delivery of programmes.
– Support the delivery of further opportunities for our young people including Work Experience etc.
– Work with teachers and delivery team to arrange programme logistics/coordination.
– Ensure BelEve’s policies and practice are always adhered to across all programmes.
-Contribute to the management the BelEve Facilitator’s, providing termly reviews and personal/professional development feeding into objective setting, and appraisals.
– Evaluate the BelEve Facilitator’s progress to ensure that all stakeholder KPIs are achieved alongside learning and development needs.
– Support in the recruitments and training of new delivery team members.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
– Proactively pursue opportunities to maximise networks with relevant organisations, including arranging taster sessions and presenting about BelEve and its impact.
– Building and managing relationships with partners and other organisations to create a shared vision and engagement in implementing the programme.
– Maintain strong relationships with partners at all levels of seniority, including managing quarterly/annual reporting requirements on stakeholder KPIs.
– Host monthly meetings with external partners, to plan upcoming events and opportunities for students and confirm progress.
– Contribute to monitoring and evaluation projects across the organisation, engaging stakeholders within and outside the charity.
– Provide insights and conclusions that inform programme development using varied formats i.e. case studies.
– Utilise the evaluation framework and practice regular internal reporting of programmes using monitoring data i.e attendance, engagement, progress etc.
– Work closely with Operations Director around development and strategy implementation with a practice of continuous improvement.
– Work with the Finance function around programme resources/expenditure and fundraising initiatives, support cultivating a diverse pool of funding mechanisms for long term goals. Contribute to strategic decisions concerning the resourcing of programmes.
– Work with the facilitation team to understand and improve any and all issues surrounding programme delivery and coordination.
– Work with the outreach and engagement functions to attract new participants to the programme by building brand awareness and strengthening community connections.
– Work with the marketing function to inform and support content creation/marketing campaigns.
– Collaborate with Corporate Partnership manager to understand and support corporate partners in achieving their strategic aims, goals and impact.
Essential characteristics and experience
– Experience of line management, preferably within the charity sector
– Experience of complex programme delivery and management
– Experience of the development and delivery of community-centred programmes with a track record of successful beneficiary engagement and positive outcomes
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with, and have empathy for a diverse range of people
– Experience of networking and developing partnerships with a wide variety of organisations from the third sector, public sector, schools etc
– Innovative, strategic thinker, able to resolve complex problems
– Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of complex tasks simultaneously
– Able to maintain records and produce clear written and oral reports.
– Proficient using technology and software programs, particularly Microsoft office, google docs, and Salesforce.
– Capacity to inspire and motivate others
– Ability to take initiative, be flexible and think creatively when working to maximise budgets
– Can-do attitude when faced with challenges and rapid changes that can occur when working for a small but dynamic charity
– Ability to maintain appropriate professional relationships and boundaries with young people.
– A Knowledge of safeguarding children and young people.
– A Knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements and an ability to translate this into day-to-day practice
– Experience working with young people to bring about positive outcomes.
If you feel you are suitable for the position, please complete our application form
Feel like you’re the
download our free e-manual
5 steps to
keep up to date with the latest news from BelEve
inspiring the next generation of
you may also like
Did you know that female-focused U.K. charities receive less than 2% of overall charitable donations? This statistic reveals a significant disparity in funding allocation, which can have a profound impact on the support available for women and girls. That is why...
Estée Lauder Companies U.K. & Ireland is recruiting 8 apprentices to join the February 2024 Cohort! This is a unique opportunity to start a career at a prestigious beauty brand and develop your skills, gain experiences and new qualifications. This is a 24 month...