Part time, 6-9mth freelance (c3 days per week), min 1 day in office, remainder can be remote.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Marketing Consultant to join our growing team. This role will drive the success of our marketing plan, and lead autonomously on the set up, launch and future proofing of frameworks and best practices, as we take BelEve to the next level. This role requires both strategic vision and proven ability in the charity sector, as well as loving to roll sleeves up and deliver the day to day.
BelEve’s aim is to make a profound and lasting impact on girls aged 8-21 and inspire the next generation of female leaders to be of service to their community. We engage with girls and young women and support them in gaining skills, confidence and self-belief to fulfil their potential, despite barriers in their lives that might suggest otherwise.
Our Vision: All girls and young women are empowered to become leaders of their own world.
Our Mission: Equipping girls and young women with the skills, support and confidence to find their voice and make informed choices about their future
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are braced for big growth, and this is a fantastic opening for a marketing consultant with a passion for developing inspiring and innovative media content, campaigns and tools to drive growth. Whether creating content to target new audiences, re-engage existing, promote and amplify events or drive donations, you will play a key role in driving growth.
With a high level of autonomy, this role calls for someone who can set their own agenda and lead from the front. You will have a solid understanding and proven experience in developing content and marketing strategies and delivering multi-channel marketing plans and campaigns. You understand the role of media channels and drive content with purpose to deliver against goals. To do this, you will be planning and creating insight-driven content; identifying, developing and delivering marketing communications and campaigns across multiple channels to increase the awareness of BelEve and grow engagement, retention and donations.
The role reports to the CEO and will focus on:
- Conceiving and developing efficient and intuitive marketing strategies.
- Developing, managing, and executing a marketing plan and content calendar to support charity goals, and drive increased brand awareness, engagement and donations.
- Manage the delivery of campaign plans, ensuring each activity is delivered within deadline, to budget, and gains the required audience reach and conversion
- Managing BelEve’s social media presence on platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok. Monitor and schedule social media activity, reporting on channel and campaign performance, identifying risks, issues and influencer engagement
- Act as brand champion ensuring right tone of voice for content across all BelEve channels and that all creative and copy for campaigns adheres to brand guidelines
- Developing weekly and monthly content themes and delivering on new, original, and engaging content ideas that cannot be found elsewhere.
- Working closely with the CFO to manage the marketing budget, deliver special projects and campaigns and help communicate a consistent level of quality to the BelEve Community.
- Proactively engaging cross-functional stakeholders to understand the charity landscape, competitor charity reviews and marketing and social trends. Curating and reporting on relevant industry and competitive social media activities and themes to shape social media strategy.
- Frequently report back to the wider team on campaign activity, performance and recommendations for improvements.
- Managing relevant external agencies as required.
- The ability to flex between strategic planning and day to day delivery of the marketing plan.
- Experience in campaign strategy and delivery across multiple channels
- Strong planner with the ability to work flexibly and react quickly when needed
- Able to demonstrate experience and knowledge of a wide range of traditional and digital communication channels.
- Excellent communication, editorial and copywriting skills, being particularly adept at content creation for multi-channel use
- Hands-on approach to Search Engine Optimisation, including writing search engine-friendly content and outreach
- Highly skilled in the best practices of Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), Hootsuite and Content Management Systems
- Experienced using Google Analytics
- Use and understanding of CRM systems
- Use and understanding of email marketing systems ie Mailchimp
- Excellent technical/ design / IT skills.
- Experience of analysing campaigns and ability to measure ROI
We’d love it if you also had:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in marketing or communications qualification ie CIM
- An established network of PR and marketing contacts and a diverse range of freelance content creators and influencers.
- Photoshop skills.
- Competitive Salary.
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home (hybrid working), with min 1 day in office per week based in Lewisham, London, UK.
To apply please complete our short application and send your CV together with a supporting statement (maximum 500 words) by 20 January 2023
Please ensure that your application fully addresses the requirements for the role.
It is anticipated that an offer will be made to the preferred candidate in February and that the successful candidate will start the role ASAP. If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact info@BelEveUK.org
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we are cultivating an equitable and empathetic workplace, a listening and learning culture, and an empowered and inspired community
Application for the Marketing Consultant Vacancy