mentor or Volunteer
become a corporate
we are hiring
find your perfect opportunity
Chair of Trustee Vacancy
BelEve’s looking for new corporate partners, who will support us in our year of doubling up
In 2021 we intend to DOUBLE our impact, by continuing to equip girls and young women with opportunities that will increase their social mobility and improve their lifechances. Our aim is to impact 2000 girls and young women in 2021 through our initiatives.
BelEve are committed to supporting our corporate partners in achieving their strategicaims, goals and impact through the cohort of girls we have in our BelEve community.
We are passionate about Diversity & Inclusion and inequality. We wish to add value andinfluence our partners’ D&I outcomes.
Download our presentation
Make a donation to support us to continue our work
frequently asked mentoring
What is BelEve in Her Success Mentoring Programme really about?
Our mission is to support, inspire and empower girls to gain a sense of confidence. Working with parents, schools and the community to influence individuals, impact educational and social change, and most importantly to create sustainable value.
Many young women feel they do not have the capacity to change their lives and make a difference for themselves. BelEve in Her Success has been developed to change this narrative by connecting young women with role models to change their story, increase their opportunities and improve their social economic outcomes.
Our overall aim is of this programme is to:
- help girls and young women build a trusted relationship with their mentor,
- increase their confidence and communication skills
- learn about different careers and what interests them
- feel able to set some achievable goals around education, new opportunities, and career planning,
- learn to network
- build new friendships and feel part of a community that listens and makes them feel more valued.
What investment is needed to become a Mentor?
The biggest investment will be your time.
We ask that you are committed for a minimum of 6 months once you are matched with a Mentee.
You will be required to connect with your Mentee at least once a month for a minimum of 90 minutes.
What skills and Experience is needed to become a Mentor?
There are no specific qualifications, but personal skills and experience is needed, however these qualities are essential;
- Active listening skills
- A sincere desire to support a young woman
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities
What Training and Support will the Mentors receive?
BelEve will provide the following training and support
- Training focused on core skills, safeguarding and role specifics
- Supervision to ensure that your skills have the maximum impact
- An open-door policy with the invitation to visit us at our office at any time
- Invitations to social events so all volunteers have the chance to meet and share experiences
- Opportunities to support our charity in other ways such as participation in fundraising events
- You will also require an up to date DBS form before you are matched with a Mentee.
What are the benefits of becoming a mentor?
The mentoring relationship is a mutual opportunity for learning and growth. Developing a good relationship with the Mentee will enable a mentor to:
- Improve communication skills and gain experience working with young Women
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity
- Have fun
- A great feeling of making a difference
- An opportunity to inspire young women and influence the equality agenda