mentor or Volunteer
become a corporate
Are You Ready To Be A Mentor or Volunteer?
mentor or volunteer
We are looking for women who are passionate about supporting girls and young women to fulfil their education and career potential. If you or your organisation are committed to supporting future female leaders through mentoring, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
When you mentor a girl or young woman you encourage her ambitions, support her in setting goals she can achieve and most importantly empower her confidence. Research confirms that quality mentoring relationships have powerful effects on young women’s personal, academic and professional outcomes. 1 in 3 girls and young women will not gain the opportunity to have a mentor and BelEve UK aims to contribute to closing this gap through the BelEve in Her Success mentoring Programme.
We believe every girl and young woman needs a mentor.
how it works
During a minimum of a six months mentoring relationship, each mentor will inspire, empower and advise their mentee to think bigger and fulfil their education or career aspirations.
We are passionate about BelEve in Her Success and committed to creating a platform that delivers outcomes for mentors and mentees. We will provide clear structure and training to maintain quality, momentum and support. The programme will require a minimum of 6 months commitment on both sides. Our recommendation is that you connect on-line for at least once a month for at least 90 minutes to support them in achieving their agreed goals.
Are you still interested? Apply today!
Mentors Application form (2021)
We are looking for volunteers to support the delivery of our 2021/22 Doubling up strategy. We aim to impact 2000 girls this year and support their transformational change and we do not want to do it alone. The moto of stronger together is a mantra of BelEve. If you would like to contribute to the amazing work, we do at BelEve, please continue to read.
BelEve is looking for volunteers over various teams. Do you want to support us in developing the next generation of female leaders? We are looking for empowered volunteers who believe in BelEve’s vision.
Marketing / Branding & PR
- Working alongside the Marketing Trustee and Social Media manager to implement the BelEve Marketing Strategy
- Influencing all brand communications, our social content, the of development social campaigns and PR relations
- This team ensures the brand amplifies a consistent message across all external channels
- Events & Socials for beneficiaries and Volunteers
- Responsible for working alongside the young women’s leadership board to organise and oversee events including location (eg digital), speakers, agenda
- Also responsible for organising socials for girls and volunteers in our community
- Community Outreach
- This team leads on looking at opportunities for onboarding of new girls in our community
- This team works alongside the young leadership board to fundraise from our community and sustain relationships with our supporters.
- Partnerships for funding
- Secure partnerships with Corporates, other Public sector, Not for-profit organisations to bring funding and further opportunities for expanding BelEve’s reach.
- Projects & Campaigns
- Responsible for developing and leading on campaigns with the young women’s leadership board (e.g., our flagship It is that Deep Sexual harassment workshops) that amplify their voices and brings about change for girls and young women
- This team would also make suggestions on enhancements/changes to the current programme offerings from BelEve
Process to become a volunteer
- Online Application to submit interest and commitment to BelEve’s community of Volunteers, beneficiaries, mentors
- The ability to commit a minimum 1 hour a week
- After selection into InspireHer: Onboarding, Trainings, and DBS check to be completed, regular networking, volunteering opportunities to support BelEve’s Strategic Pillars
Are you still interested? Apply today!
BelEve UK works in partnership with a number of corporates to deliver industry specific mentoring programmes. Our partnerships provide a platform for female colleagues with the corporate world to impact the lives of young women, and benefit from positive role models.
We work closely with our partners in training and DBSed qualifying mentors. BelEve UK then matches the young women to mentors, and provides all the administration for a smooth running programme.
If you would like to discuss starting a mentoring programme through your business, please get in touch
BelEve’s looking for new corporate partners, who will support us in our year of doubling up
In 2021 we intend to DOUBLE our impact, by continuing to equip girls and young women with opportunities that will increase their social mobility and improve their lifechances. Our aim is to impact 2000 girls and young women in 2021 through our initiatives.
BelEve are committed to supporting our corporate partners in achieving their strategicaims, goals and impact through the cohort of girls we have in our BelEve community.
We are passionate about Diversity & Inclusion and inequality. We wish to add value andinfluence our partners’ D&I outcomes.
Download our presentation
Make a monthly donation to support us to continue our work
What is BelEve in Her Success Early Careers Mentoring Programme really about?
Our mission is to support, inspire and empower girls to gain a sense of confidence. Working with parents, schools and the community to influence individuals, impact educational and social change, and most importantly to create sustainable value.
Many young women feel they do not have the capacity to change their lives and make a difference for themselves. BelEve in Her Success has been developed to change this narrative by connecting young women with role models to change their story, increase their opportunities and improve their social economic outcomes.
The programme will;
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved interpersonal skills
- Develop core capabilities early
- Connect future talent to the world of work
What investment is needed to become a Mentor?
The biggest investment will be your time. We ask that you connect with your mentee at least once a month for 90 Mins.
What skills and Experience is needed to become a Mentor?
There are no specific qualifications, but personal skills and experience is needed, however these qualities are essential;
- Active listening skills
- A sincere desire to support a young woman
- Ability to see solutions and opportunities
What Training and Support will the Mentors receive?
All mentors’ will receive full mentoring training and receive on-going support. You will also require an up to date DBS form before you are matched with a mentee.
Each mentor will be allocated a supervisor who will support them when necessary. You will touch base with your supervisor every eight weeks.
What are the benefits of becoming a mentor?
The mentoring relationship is a mutual opportunity for learning and growth. Developing a good relationship with the mentee will enable a mentor to:
- Improve communication skills and gain experience working with young Women
- Gain a better understanding of other cultures and develop a greater appreciation for diversity
- Have fun
- A great feeling of making a difference
- An opportunity to inspire young women and influence the equality agenda